Your skin is the largest organ on your body and a great indicator of how well we are taking care of ourselves. Here are a few tips to upgrade your skin care routine as we transition into the Fall and Winter seasons to keep cuticles, feet, lips and skin are fully moisturized.
- Start from the inside out by making sure you are drinking enough water daily. Pay attention to food, clothing, soaps or perfumes that may be triggering allergies and eczema reactions and other inflammations that can increase dry skin
- Use a gentle cleanser like our creamy African Black Soap Body wash with Colloidal Oats. Colloidal oatmeal locks in moisture and gives your skin a chance to rehydrate. It also softens your skin and soothes itching. It has anti-inflammatory properties and helps balance your skin's natural pH level
- Moisturize your body immediately after showers and baths to lock in hydration
- Use moisturizers that are hydrating and emollient. Don't be afraid to layer a cream or lotion with a heavier balm or butter to lock in moisture. Our Nourishing Body Cream and Whipped Body Butter are a great duo for locking in moisture during the cold dry season. They are rich in natural shea butter, cocoa butter, rice bran oil and colloidal oats.
- Apply a shea butter based moisturizer consistently. Think of moisturizing as therapy for your skin. Shea butter contains unique anti-inflammatory properties that protect and repair the skin barrier. The more you use it, the better your skin becomes.
Strong healthy skin is smooth, hydrated and glows. Daily use of moisturizers rich in shea butter will protect and repair your skin over time. Our Moisture Bundle will help you get through the Fall and Winter months with glowing skin